Saturday, December 3, 2011

Your Calling and The Flow

December 4, 2011

Dear Friends,

When I was inspired to write and publish my book, I experienced the divine flow like never before. With incredible ease and grace, I was unmistakably directed to the publisher of my book; the cover photo was divinely delivered to me; three of the notable people who first endorsed my book literally showed up on the doorstep of my church; and my first significant speaking engagement was a rare opportunity that just "came my way." Even while I was writing my book, I received unexpected income to help support me during that lengthy process.

The reason, I believe, that the flow was so consistent and so obvious in this instance, was simply because the activity that I was engaged in was directly related to my “calling.” A calling is something that you are extremely passionate about. It is something that adds purpose and meaning to your life. It is something that you have an inborn talent for, find extremely fulfilling, and would do even if you received no income for doing it.

I found my calling when I was first invited to teach a weekly class for a group of adults at a Unity church in Dallas, Texas. I had never done anything even remotely like that before. But I found it to be the single most fulfilling experience of my life. Within a very short amount of time I knew that I had found my life’s purpose. I knew that I was on this earth to use my skills and abilities as a communicator to deliver a message. And that message was that we live in an incredibly beneficent Universe—a Universe that is continually working on our behalf to help us fulfill our heart’s desires.

So why—once I found my calling—would I have noticed the flow to such an elevated degree? It is simply because a calling is a true desire of the heart. And being consciously aware of that calling meant that my head was aligned with my heart, and that every part of me was open and receptive to moving in the same direction.

One of the main obstacles to living life in the divine flow is that your heart may be encouraging you to go in one direction, while your head is looking in another direction. That makes it extremely difficult for you to see the divine signs that are pointing you toward your highest good, and toward your greatest joy.

Have you found your calling yet? If not, begin by asking yourself a few simple questions. What are you good at? What unique combination of talents, skills, or abilities do you have? What brings you the most joy? What have you been fascinated with your whole life?

Keep in mind that your calling is not always the same thing as your career. It may simply be a special gift that you have to share with this world, no matter what kind of other activities you are engaged in to generate an income. Perhaps your calling is to bring more harmony into the world as a peacemaker. Perhaps it is to bring more wholeness into the world as a healer. Or perhaps it is to bring more understanding into the world as a spiritual guide.

Here’s to finding your passion in life . . . your purpose . . . your calling. And more than that, here’s to answering that call. When you do, I guarantee you this: It will feel as if the entire Universe is bending over backwards to support you in your endeavor. Because it is!

Steven

Share

© 2011 by Steven Lane Taylor
Author of Row, Row, Row Your Boat:
A Guide for Living Life in the Divine Flow

www.rowrowrow.com
Steven Lane Taylor, LLC

No comments: