Friday, September 17, 2010

Faith, Experience, and The Divine Flow

September 19, 2010

Dear Friends,

The very first time I decided to solve a problem by consciously putting my “faith” in the divine flow, I experienced a minor, but immediate miracle. Later that same week, I tried it again. And again, the challenge I was facing worked out miraculously. And when I consciously relied on the flow to help me with another issue a few days later, once again everything fell into place marvelously.

I’m not sure, however, if “faith” is the most accurate word to use in describing my approach to those early experiences. Why? Because the first few times I turned my problem over to a “Higher Power,” I honestly didn’t think it would work. At the time, I was skeptical about the whole “let go and let God” thing. But I could also see how my usual way of handling challenges—through control, manipulation, force, and persuasion—wasn’t working very well. So, even though I was extremely doubtful that any kind of positive outcome would occur without my direct, personal involvement, I decided to “give God a shot,” so to speak.

Twenty four years later I have countless stories about how the divine flow has repeatedly and consistently responded to my wants and needs. So, at this point, you would think that I would be a person of great “faith,” right? Well, sort of.

I actually rarely use the word “faith,” because to some people that word means believing in something without any concrete reason to do so. But I have plenty of concrete reasons to believe in the flow. My life experiences have proven to me over and over again that there is, indeed, a Higher Power in this world that is continually guiding me toward the effortless fulfillment of my heart’s desires. So today, when I consciously rely on the flow to help me accomplish a specific goal or solve a particular problem, is that an example of having faith . . . or is it just a reasonable expectation based on more than two decades of repeatedly experiencing the miraculous?

The answer is both. Acting on faith results in miraculous experiences. And those experiences, in turn, strengthen faith. Both faith and experience work hand-in-hand to make it that much easier for you to put your trust in something other than yourself.

Here’s to putting your faith in the divine flow, and discovering through experience that there is, indeed, a Divine Intelligence in this world that is continually working on your behalf to bring about your highest good, and the highest good for all.

Steven

© 2010 by Steven Lane Taylor
Author of Row, Row, Row Your Boat:
A Guide for Living Life in the Divine Flow

www.rowrowrow.com

No comments: