Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Olympic Dreams

February 21, 2010

Dear Friends,

With the Winter Olympics in full swing, you have undoubtedly heard newscasters attribute the success of many Olympic athletes to their perseverance, determination, and endurance. You have probably learned how many of these athletes overcame tremendous obstacles to be at the pinnacle of their sport.

I admire these athletes. As they continually expand the boundaries of human accomplishment, underneath it all I see the creative power of their Divine Spirit at work.

Similarly, as you pursue your own goals in life, it pays to remember your unlimited potential as a child of the Divine. But keep in mind that the accomplishment of your goals is not up to you alone. You have the whole Universe working on your behalf. And your main job is to cooperate with the divine flow that is continually guiding you toward the fulfillment of your desires in the most beneficial way possible.

What I am getting to is this: There is a fine line between determination and being driven, and between perseverance and being obsessed. I can’t tell you where that line is for you. All I can do is remind you to continually ask yourself this question: “Am I taking the next right step that I am being divinely guided to take, or am I trying to control, manipulate, and force things to go the way I think they should go?”

As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, to live life in the divine flow is to have the patience and the persistence to hold onto your dream, but to allow that dream to unfold in a divinely guided way. Otherwise, your achievement will only be the result of your ego’s activity. And that kind of achievement is only briefly satisfying, and never in the best interests of all involved.

Here’s to having dreams of Olympic proportions, my friends! But more than that, here’s to their Divine realization!

Steven

© 2010 by Steven Lane Taylor
Author of Row, Row, Row Your Boat:
A Guide for Living Life in the Divine Flow

www.rowrowrow.com

No comments: