Thursday, August 16, 2007

Literal "Signs" From God

August 12, 2007

Dear Friends,

Although your intuition is the most valuable and reliable source of guidance you have, there are many other vehicles that Spirit uses to communicate with you. If you are open and receptive, awake and aware, you will see "signs from God" all around you.

These divine signs are there to point you in the right direction, a direction that--at that particular moment--is the most beneficial way of reaching your chosen destination. What fascinates me is this: Quite often, those divine signs are literal signs--actual printed messages posted on a wall or some other surface!

Those of you who have read my book may recall that I was divinely guided to my publisher through a series of events that included a billboard I saw on the side of the highway. What a divine sign that turned out to be!

Then, shortly after publishing, I received another sign from God that was related to my new career as a spiritual author. This sign was posted on the side of a bus, and it simply advised me to "Spread the Word." Those three words happened to be the very same words I had just come up with an hour earlier to express what I thought my new mission in life was. I appreciated the confirmation that my focus was, indeed, divinely sanctioned.

Here's one final example, and it couldn't be more perfect. This one is from Anne, a woman who recently attended a talk I gave at a Religious Science church in Flagstaff, Arizona.

Anne told me that at one point in her life she was thinking about making a decision that would alter her future dramatically. It was such a radical change, she had a lot of fear about making this choice, and she spent many long days (and many sleepless nights) wondering if her life would really be better by making this move. More importantly, though, she wondered how much she would regret it later if she chose not to take this action.

She wondered, wondered, wondered, until one morning she woke up and went into her living room. There, sitting on the couch, was her oldest son's friend. And guess what was printed on his T-shirt? "DON'T DIE WONDERING!"

Needless to say, that was just the sign from God that Anne needed. As she told me, "It was just a message on a T-shirt, but it propelled me into action in an astonishing way." She made her choice--a choice for change--and she has no regrets to this day.

As my favorite saying goes: "There's God. And There's Not Paying Attention." Pay attention, my friends, and the divine direction you are seeking may be literally spelled out for you on a billboard, on a poster, or even on a T-shirt.

What a blessing it is to know that we can be that clearly guided! Thank you, God!

Steven

© 2007 Steven Lane Taylor

No comments: